Friday, October 3, 2008

Mason needs an operation...

My poor little Mason. About three months ago Mason and Zach had really bad allergic reactions to what we think is mushrooms. Well they both got really swollen all over their faces and little boy parts. Towards the end of that fiasco, I noticed that the right groin area on Mason was still rather swollen looking. So I took him to the dr. and he said it was nothing. Well, now here we are three months later and Mason still has this bump that goes down into his boy parts now. So I took him to another dr. who informed me that he has a hernia which has caused his intestines to fall into his little boy parts. The good thing is that he is in no pain. We went to the surgeon and he informed me that he also has a small hernia in his belly button, and most likely one in his left groin as well as the one on the right. So we have decided to have surgery on the right and left groin areas and leave the belly button for now in hopes that it will go away on its own. His surgery is set for the 20th of October- that's only two weeks from Monday! AHHHH!! I am really nervous and have been a little stressed with it all, but I really just want it to be over with and get my precious little boy back to normal! So, thats it for now, I'll keep you updated on the happenings of this dreadful process....

3 comments:

Amiee said...

Thanks for finding me!!! I'm glad I can look at your blog now too. :) You're boys are sooo adorable! I can't believe you have 3 kids!!!!

hayleyharts said...

Yea! you figured the blog thing out! I love all the pics...see ya soon!

Jenni said...

Yikes Chelsea I am sooo sorry! That is the EXACT same surgery Braxton had last summer. Poor little guy, it's so hard to see them go through things like this. Good thing is... recovery is soooo FAST! Keep us updated, you'll be in our prayers.