Monday, October 20, 2008

Mason's Operations Update...

Mason had his operation this morning! I've been so nervous and worried about this day for weeks. To start our day off, we slept through our alarms and woke up at the time we were supposed to be at the hospital- 5:45 am! So we rushed out of the house still half asleep and made it there by 6:15. The one and only thing that Mason cried about the whole day was having to wear the little hospital gown- he said it looked like a dress and he was a boy! It was quite funny. So they sedated him a bit with some liquid medicine and about 15 minutes after he started acting really loopy! It was so funny, I wish I would have got it on video. He was saying really funny things and making funny faces, when they took him away from us (one of the things I was most worried about) he had a huge, silly grin on his face and was half way to la-la-land! So Henry and I waited in the waiting room for an hour then his doctor came and told us the surgery was a success- Mason's right hernia was admirably huge, and his left was small- and that We could see him as soon as he started to wake up. We were warned by everyone that when little kids wake up from anesthesia they tend to freak out because they are unaware of what's going on. Well they came and got us and Mason was awake and totally calm. No freaking out, no crying, no disorientation- what a trooper! We went with him to his room and he looks at me and his first words are "look mom, it's all over now"! My sweet little boy felt the need to reassure me! Then it was all talking and smiles and "mom- I WANT to go home now!" We were discharged at 11 am- wow that went so well! Mason is doing well so far, he does have understandable pain, but we are making him take it easy. He's eating and drinking normal and everything! I am so proud of my little boy (or should I say BIG)! The only real downside to this is that I forgot my camera while we were running so late so i was forced to take lots of pictures with my phone (which is still a pretty decent camera), so I will post them once I figure out how to transfer the dang things to my computer! In the meantime, for those of you who only read my blog for the pictures- here are some recent pics of my snazzy boys...

my three beautiful boys

zach and mason

cash

daddy and cash

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Chelsea! Glad to hear that everything went well. It's so scary having your kids go under. I hope that the recovery time will be fast. Take care!!

Taylor Family said...

Chelsea! You look so good and your family is so cute. It was so fun to see your blog. I hope you all are well! Stay in touch!

Cherity said...

Hey Chelsea! So good to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your boys are so adorable! I love Blogging! It's such a great way to keep in touch!

Jennilyn said...

chels, So glad everything went so well! Mason is a trooper! Take Care!

Jenni said...

I'm so glad to hear everything went well! It is such a scary thing to watch your poor little guy go through. Hopefully the recovery is going just as well. I love all the cute pictures, everyone is so BIG! I'll have to catch a ride with Ty the next time he goes up there and stop by and hang out again!

Liz said...

Hey Chelsea! Glad the surgery went so well. Little kids are so stinkin tough! I'm so glad we can keep in touch now, you're family is gorgeous!

Rosa said...

Of course youre the chels I was reffering about! Cash is getting so big! Yeah, our neighbors smoke pot and it fills up our hallway. Its what we get for living where we do but Seattle is so high priced. I miss the tri-cities! Hope all is well! Miss you tons! Muah.

Rosa

hayleyharts said...

Chelsea Hey we are back! call me because I lost my cell phone at the airport..I know its the story of my life.. anyways I am so glad everything went so well with mason! he is such a tropper!! talk to you soon! love hayley